DNW has taken measures to ensure the health and safety of its employees, whilst maintaining business continuity as far as possible and justified. DNW follows the guidelines of its parent institutes DLR & NLR and protocols of the German & Netherlands governmental agencies.
General measures to prevent the Corona virus COVID-19 to spread:
- Wash your hands with soap regularly
- Cough and sneeze on the inside of your elbow
- Use paper tissues
- No handshaking
- Stay at home with symptoms of the common cold or flu
- Limit social contacts
- Keep sufficient distance (1.5m) from each other
By reducing the number of employees who physically access DNW sites each day, reduction of the risk exposure is expected for those who still are carrying out activities on company premises in the Netherlands.
The DLR sites are closed for the time being until 06 April 2020, and thus the DNW wind tunnels in Braunschweig, Göttingen and Cologne were taken out of operation. All other activities, not directly related to wind tunnel operation on the German sites, are ongoing; staff can be reached at their home office by phone and/or e-mail during working hours.
DNW has implemented guidelines in relation to remote working, social interactions, hygiene, travel and visits to DNW. To prevent infections and limit the consequences of the virus:
- DNW employees are working from home as much as possible.
- Business trips are reduced to the absolute minimum.
- Visits from third parties, including business partners, to DNW premises are limited. People who have spent time in a risk areas (as identified by the German Robert Koch Institute and the Netherlands Government) will not be granted access.