The Engine Calibration Facility (ECF) in Marknesse is an industrial calibration facility of wind tunnel engine simulators for the low-speed and high speed domain.
Type of Facility
Engine model support frame connected to a vacuum system.
- External six-component balance (max thrust force: 3000N).
- Internal diameter of the engine model support frame: 500 mm.
Compressed air supply:
- Capacity of 6 kg/s continuously at 80 bar.
- Temperature range: 293 K - 343 K
- Drive air control with incremental steps of 0.0005 kg/s
- Standard maximum engine total mass flow: 14.7 kg/s. Special provisions are available for increasing the maximal mass flow.
- Maximum Mach number: 0.93
The calibration of engine simulators (e.g. thrust) under simulated wind tunnel conditions without external flow. For example:
- Turbofan Propulsion Simulators (TPS)
- Blown nozzles
- Through flow nacelles