The high-pressure wind tunnel (HDG) in Göttingen is a research and development facility for aerodynamic experiments.
Type of wind tunnel
Closed circuit, pressurized continuous low-speed wind tunnel with closed-wall test sections.
- Various test sections of 0.6 m x 0.6 mx 1 m (S = 0.36 m²) for special applications
- Remotely controlled sword for rear sting support
- 2D supports with integrated static and dynamic balances
- Half-model support with integrated under-floor balances
- Permanently installed extension section in front of the test section for boundary layer and turbulence tailoring
- Lock system for the entire test section.
- Fundamental research of fluid dynamic phenomena and effects influenced by Reynolds number (spheres, cylinders, blunted or slender bodies, etc.)
- Steady and unsteady loads on civil engineering and industrial structures (bridge segments, antennas, etc.)
- Design studies and data set measurements of surface vehicles (trains, cars and trucks) at original Reynolds number
- Multi-element trains with and without embankment, high sideslip angles.
- 2D airfoil tests (rotor blades)